Thomas Cook 'breached its duty of care' in the case of two children who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday with the operator in Corfu, an inquest jury ruled yesterday.
Jurors agreed with the coroner and returned a verdict of unlawful killing of Bobby and Christi Shepherd, who were aged six and seven when they died while on holiday at their hotel in October 2006.
West Yorkshire coroner David Hinchcliff said he would make a series of recommendations to the holiday industry at a later date.
The manager of the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel and two members of staff have already been found guilty of manslaughter by negligence at a criminal trial in Greece in 2010, but eight others, including two Thomas Cook reps, were cleared.
The inquest had heard that the brother and sister had been overcome by fumes from a faulty boiler located in an outhouse next to the bungalow they were sharing with their dad Neil and his partner Ruth, who went into a comma but survived.